Friday, August 1, 2008

More Heart Than Sense.


This is an appropriate description of my wife and myself. Why you ask? Well, besides the fact that we are expecting our first child. (and yes everything is normal [definition: rockin'] on the baby front) We have 3 large ridgebacks, one small black cat, and are surviving on Tyf's lucrative (wink, wink) Bark & Lounge doggy daycare salary, we can't say "no" to a pup or even 2.
To be perfectly honest this one is my fault, I fell for these two girls right away. Monday morning, the day before the bar exam, I get a phone call asking me to go to the Watauga animal shelter to look at a couple dogs. The phone call was from Beth, one of the directors of Little Orphan Angels (LOA) the rescue group Tyf and I foster dogs through. These 2 girls broke my heart and I had decided to take them before Tyf had even gotten there. We took them to the vet and thats where they staid until Thursday night. So instead of kicking back on the couch, drinking beer, and enjoying a giant steak, after the final day of the biggest exam of my life. I was wrestling mastiffs.
Oh, did I forget to mention that the 2 girls are 140lb. English Mastiffs. Huh, like I said more heart than sense. So meet the new foster dogs Tinker Bell, and Tulip.

No comments: