Monday, April 6, 2009

What one can accomplish with hotdogs...


Okay, it's been a while since I've had a free moment to update the blog. Who knew that a small baby could be so much work? ;)


Yesterday, Billy and I took the circus for a little outing. No, seriously, if you were quiet you could hear circus music in the background. Ever try to wrangle three Ridgebacks and a 10-week-old baby anywhere? Especially when one of those Ridgebacks is Moxie, our box-of-rocks Ridgie? Yeah, that's what I thought. Billy and I recently decided that professional pictures taken of all the pups was priority number one. Yes, yes, I know that parents of a small child should most likely have different priorities, but that's the way it goes.


So, we made an appointment with the awesome Fiona Green (look her up, she's quite incredible; www. fionagreenphotography.com). We know of Fiona through her work with Little Orphan Angels, the rescue group we foster for. A little background: Although Billy and I have only fostered pups, LOA is predominantly a cat rescue. Therefore, I imagine the majority of Fiona's picture-taking has been coaxing shy little kitties out from behind bookshelves or waiting for the perfect pose from a Persian. Well, Persians the Ridgies are not. I believe if she'd caught a glimpse of Billy being dragged up to her front stoop by the gaggle of Ridgebacks she may have pretended not to be home. Or deathly ill. Or that she misunderstood when I booked the appointment that I said THREE Ridgebacks. A wise woman would have.


Regardless, after several hours and at least once having her photo lens being licked by an exhuberant Moxie, I've seen at least one picture of the three monkeys together. The woman is a miracle worker, I tell you. We even have a few pics of the monkeys and Kiernan. Since hell freezing over hasn't been reported in any of the news media, you may wonder how this miracle of miracles was accomplished. I'll tell you my secret: hotdogs, and lots of 'em.


In fact, I was so frenzied in my hotdog throwing, I'm pretty sure Billy caught me trying to toss a piece of hotdog to Kiernan once to elicit a smile. Oh yes, I'm going for Mother of the Year.

No comments: